The default VFD boot message (Welcome to
HTPC) can be changed by following the procedure below.
Please ensure that IRTrans is installed and running before starting.
1. Open a command prompt and go to the IRTrans install folder
2. Type ‘irclient localhost’ and press
3. You will get a prompt with 3 options.
Type ‘1’ (send) and press enter
4. At the next prompt type ‘4’ (set LCD
init string) and press enter.
5. Enter up to 16 characters that will be
displayed on the first line of the VFD and press enter.
6. Enter up to 16 characters that will be
displayed on the second line of the VFD and press enter.
7. Type ‘99’ to exit and press enter.
8. Type ‘99’ to exit the program and close
the command prompt window
When you next power off then on the VFD,
the display will show the new text.